As a commercial property owner or facility manager, you know that protecting your membrane roofing system against punctures is imperative. If not addressed promptly, your building may become exposed to moisture, resulting in leaks that can damage not only your building’s interior but also your inventory or equipment.[Read more…]
Regular maintenance is necessary to ensure your roofing system operates well and lasts long. However, wear and tear can cause inevitable issues as time goes by. Roof damage can also be caused by harsh weather or other outside elements. In any case, it’s important to know what causes your roof to deteriorate to help you decide whether you need a replacement or repairs. In this article, Roofer Chicks will explain the difference between an aging roof to a damaged roof.
If you notice any signs of wear and tear on your roof, it may not immediately be an emergency. It typically just means your roof is aging. However, be sure to monitor these signs regularly as they may lead to further issues over time:
- Faded color. Aging asphalt shingles, especially those with darker shades, will eventually lose some of their colors because of heavy exposure to sunlight. Faded shingles may look weaker, but they are still able to function effectively. Still, don’t forget to keep an eye on them as they may be nearing the end of their lifespan.
- Dark spots. Dark spots may also seem alarming, but they can also be harmless. Granules are tiny rocks on shingles that serve as an extra layer of protection to your roof. Due to wind and rain, granules typically fall off naturally, leaving dark spots where they once were.
- Sunlight exposure. West- and south-facing roofs age faster since they’re constantly exposed to peak amounts of sunlight or UV rays. As such, many homeowners invest in reflective properties to reduce heat absorption and prevent premature roof aging.
When it comes to a damaged roof, you may want to call a professional roofer. They will inspect your roof thoroughly and carry out roof repair services if needed. Here are some signs that you need to watch out for:
- Missing flashing. Flashing is installed around the trim, chimneys, valleys, skylights, rakes or walls of your home. They keep water out of your home. If they are missing, this can lead to a leaking problem. When it comes to extensive damage on your flashing, your roofer may suggest replacing your roof to prevent more issues.
- Damaged vents. If you notice the housings on your plastic or metal roof vents have cracked, contact your roofer for repairs. However, this solution may not be permanent. If not addressed immediately, it can cause bigger problems.
- Hail damage. Hailstorms can cause serious damage. Large-sized hail can leave dents in the flashing that surrounds the border of your roof.
For commercial or residential roofing issues, get in touch with Roofer Chicks. Call us today at (830) 627-7663 or fill out our contact form to set an appointment. We offer services in New Braunfels, TX.
Keeping a sturdier and healthier roof means always being on the lookout for anything that can compromise its performance. A common one would be wind damage, which can loosen your shingles–leaving your roof vulnerable to leaks–and tear them off completely. But not everything you hear about wind roof damage is true. Roofer Chicks, the trusted roof repairs company in the area, discusses and debunks a few misconceptions about this common issue.[Read more…]
You’ll need to have your new roofing system installed before you can benefit from its reliable and lasting weather performance. But the process–let’s admit it–will not only be loud, but also messy and potentially damaging to your home and personal property. Unless you prepare accordingly, that is. The premier residential roofing company in the area, Roofer Chicks, shares how you can better prepare your home for a new roof installation.