Handling storm damage properly can make all the difference in restoring your roof and the rest of your home to their pre-loss condition. In this blog post, local roofing expert Roofer Chicks® shares the dos and don’ts of dealing with storm damage.
Storm Damage Dos
Here are some of the important first steps to take when dealing with a storm-damaged roof or home:
- Safety First. A crucial first step in dealing with storm damage is safely assessing the situation. Ensure you wait for the storm to pass and remain cautious when inspecting your property for damage. You must prioritize your safety above all else.
- Document the Damage. Once you can safely evaluate the damage on your roof, take the time to document it. Take photos and videos of the affected areas and make a comprehensive list of damaged items. This documentation will be invaluable when filing a claim with your insurance company.
- Contact Your Insurance Company. Get in touch with them as soon as you notice the damage to your roof or home. File your claim immediately to ensure you receive the compensation you need to address the storm damage. Keep detailed records of all communication with your insurance provider, which can help expedite the claims process.
- Consult with Professionals. Don’t hesitate to seek professional help for roof repairs. Trusted professionals like Roofer Chicks are experts in storm damage repairs and are ready to provide the necessary services to get your home back in working order.
Storm Damage Don’ts
While dealing with storm damage, there are also a few important things to avoid.
- Ignoring the Damage. Failing to address these storm damage issues can lead to more significant problems down the line, making timely repairs crucial for your home’s safety and well-being.
- Attempting DIY Repairs. While it can be tempting to try and fix storm damage yourself, leaving roof repairs to the professionals is vital. DIY repairs can result in further damage, injury, or subpar work, leaving your home at risk.
- Choose a Contractor Without Research. Seek out reputable, local contractors with proper licensing, insurance, and positive customer reviews. This will ensure that you’re getting the best service for your home.
Get in Touch With Us Today!
At Roofer Chicks®, we know how unpredictable and destructive the weather can be at times. However, we know how to remedy a damaged roof. A thorough inspection allows us to determine whether you require roof replacement or repair, and you can count on our team to provide you with the best solution for your needs. We provide quality workmanship and materials to ensure your new roof is built to last. To get started, call (830) 629-7663, or fill out our online form.